Thursday, April 7, 2011

Compromises

Okay readers, remember the house I said we were renting last week? Well, we're still only hypothetically renting this house ... the landlady has proven tricky to get in touch with. However, this has not stopped the boys and I from figuring out exactly how we plan to set up in this house: who gets what bedroom, what TV/console will be in what room, decorating schemes, etc.

The only real snag we've hit is in my boyfriend's computer set-up. Randy's custom-built, blue-LED'd, three-monitored beast of a rig takes up a lot of space and raises the temperature in the room by about ten degrees. And, since this house is 3-bd and not 4-bd, he and I don't have a formal office in which to install this marvel of modern engineering.

If Randy were to ever be unfaithful to me,
it would be with this device.
We've debated it endlessly - cram it into the living room? Put it in the breakfast nook instead of a table? We'd finally decided we would have to put it in our bedroom (with that blazing blue glow, I'd never sleep again), but yesterday I had a brainwave - the garage.

See, the house has a two-car garage, but only Randy really cares one way or the other about having a roof over his car. The rest of us have parked outside for years, and are okay with this trend. I proposed my new idea to the group, and surprisingly, Randy was 100% for it, as were Vian and Tracy.

So now, one stall of the garage will house Randy's car. The other will house his computer set-up, desk, chair, and all the anime wall scrolls he can hang. It solves the computer issue, will actually help with cooling his rig, and as a bonus, solves my problem of politely eschewing anime wall scrolls from our interior design scheme.

Compromise is tough, and with four of us in the same house it's going to become a facet of our daily lives. Fortunately, if this planning process is any indication, we'll be able to get by just fine. I hope.

-Meg, the Token Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment