Thursday, May 19, 2011

Achievement Unlocked: New Apartment!



Hello, dear readers! I apologize for the three-week hiatus; the rumors of my internet have been greatly exaggerated. Remember my last post, where I declared myself off to apartment-hunt? Well. Turns out I am a professional apartment-hunter. I spent all day Wednesday researching like a mad grad student, and spent Thursday visiting a new apartment complex every hour on the hour. At 1 pm, I found my way to a place called The Links; by the end of the day, Randy and I had nabbed the last 2bd-2ba unit they had!

So one week of mad packing followed by a week of mad moving (half of which involved no internet access) finally ended and left me exhausted, drained, and in a GORGEOUSLY geeky apartment. We have a cactuar in the den, a gilt-framed map of Middle Earth in the bedroom, and the study is so swathed in geekiness that preppy kids burst into flames of confusion within twenty paces. We're quite proud.

Additionally, one of Bordwine's vanishing stoner roommates will be shuffling off the rental coil on Sunday, which means Vian and Tracy can start moving their junk the whole one block it takes to get them into the new place. Thus, our regularly scheduled geekiness should be back on track within a week or so!

In the meantime, to tide you over (and to make up for my absence!), here are my boys being dinosaurs.


I wish I could say this is an uncommon occurrence, but Bordwine's giddy raptor-dance occurs most any time he is within my apartment's walls ...

Later, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment